Multinational insurance company operating in approximately 35 countries and employing 15,000 people.
Manage the ongoing development and implementation of the Climate Change Action Plan of the organisation.
Manage the program of work for the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures Report (TCFD) reporting including stakeholder engagement, project governance and planning.
Implement a program of work to upskill personnel and conduct scenario analysis on the transition risk in climate action for the organisation and its clients.
Climate change is a key material risk for the organisation which supports the international climate agreement developed at 2015 Paris Conference and has committed to identifying, managing and disclosing climate-related risks and opportunities in line with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations.
Its Climate Change Action Plan commits to reporting report to investors, lenders, insurers, and other stakeholders on physical, transition and liability in line with the TCFD framework.
The scope of the project was to:
- Project manage and ensure the successful delivery of the TCFD report
- Engage with all stakeholders and internal working groups to support the delivery of the TCFD
- Manage the internal governance of the CCAP and ESG Risk steering committee
- Provide input into related Sustainability Reports and initiatives
- Develop a program of work for scenario analysis
The project successfully delivered against the scope on time and budget.
A handover was provided to the client to ensure ongoing management of the CCAP and TCFD reporting.
In addition to the physical delivery of the scope of work, ResponsAble provided value to the organisation through:
- Providing subject matter expertise on TCFD reporting requirements
- Supporting the Head of ESG Risk in stakeholder engagement, strategy and project planning
- Mentoring the ESG Risk team in stakeholder engagement and program management
- Connecting the organisation to industry experts to assist with scenario analysis.